Fiber Storage Units
- Small profile and side facing channel minimizes ice and leaf loading
- Metal versions feature an all aluminum construction with welded cross members and baked acrylic enamel paint finish with chromate pre-finish per MIL-6-5541-B
- Plastic versions feature thermoplastic polypropylene resin with carbon black UV inhibitor
- Basic hanging hardware (bolts, nuts, washers) and strand clamps all included
- Tie-wrap slots for securing cable from sliding
- Galvanized strand clamps accommodate 1/4" to 7/16" strand
- Aerial cable slack storage
- Pole-mounted slack storage
AFL Fiber Storage Units (FSU) are used to conveniently and safely store an extra length of cable along the support strand for later use. Furnished as pairs (kit contains two Fiber Storage Units and two sets of hanger brackets), these FSUs are constructed from either aluminum with a baked acrylic enamel finish or dielectric polypropylene with a UV inhibitor.
All basic hardware for attachment to the support strand is provided. Strand mount support brackets meet Telcordia® specifications. Galvanized strand clamping devices occommodate 1/4" to 7/16" strand and meet ASTM specifications A153 and B695.