Armoured NMA Stranded Loose Tube Cable
- Protection from rodents, burrowing animals and termites
- All dielectric, Non-metallic Armoured (NMA) construction
- High crush resistance
- High tensile strength
- Drycore construction resulting in less mess and time lost for fibre breakout
- Various Sheath Options available (Speak to your AFL Representative)
- Short & Long Haul Backbone Applications
- Underground in conduit
- Underground direct buried
- Ideal for rugged applications
Non-metallic armoured stranded loose tube cable is ideal for short and long haul backbone applications and can be installed in-duct or direct-buried. The glass composite armour improves resistance to rodent attack and provides an additional layer of protection to the inner insect resistant Nylon barrier. These additional layers also increase tensile strength and general cable robustness. The water blocked, dry cable core stranded design suits point-point and point-multipoint fibre installations where spur cables are spliced from the backbone.
The tubes and fillers are laid around a central strength member, taped and contained within a dry, water blocked cable core which is sheathed with polyethylene (PE), insect resistant nylon, glass composite armour and outer PE jacket. Surface printing includes length marking at one metre intervals.