FOCIS Lightning® Multi-Fibre Connector Inspection System
- Extremely fast multi-fibre auto-analysis for datacom and telecom inspection applications
- Auto-focus and auto-centering for fast, easy inspection
- WiFi, Bluetooth, and USB connectivity
- IEC, IPC, AT&T, and user-defined auto-analysis
- Self-contained, tether-free, compact, hand-held inspection solution
- Keyless UPC & APC adapter tips work with both MPO-12 & MPO-16 connectors
- Available with adapter tips supporting all commonly used multi-fibre connector types
- Snout and adapter tip keys and slots eliminate loosening during normal operation
- Single fibre adapter tips for LC connectors and bulkheads (UPC & APC) also available
- Field replaceable NiMH battery lasts over six hours
- Inspect multi-fibre connectors on bulkhead adapters and patch cords
- Optimal tool for data centre optical network installation, turn-up, troubleshooting
- Critical fibre infrastructure performance assurance
- Maintenance of fibre connections at highest optical performance levels
- Verification that proper connector cleaning practices are being used
FOCIS Lightning is a self-contained multi-fibre connector inspection probe with integrated screen. It is intended specifically for the inspection of multi-fibre connectors and bulkheads such MPO and MTP® including multi-row varieties. The FOCIS Lightning can perform industry standard and user-defined end-face cleanliness analysis at a rate of about 1 second per fibre. Lightning stores connector level and individual fibre images, analysis, overlays, and zones tables locally and provides both WiFi and Bluetooth wireless links. The AFL FOCIS app (iOS and Android) provides a comprehensive and user-friendly feature set as well as connectivity with AFL’s cloud-based aeRos® workflow automation platform.
Pass / fail results in seconds: With the press of a single button, the FOCIS Lightning auto-focuses, captures, centers and analyzes the multi-fibre end-face image to industry standard and user-defined criteria.
Untethered operation: With rechargeable battery and integrated 2.4” TFT colour LCD screen, FOCIS Lightning can be used independently.
Multi-fibre front-end adapter tips: Multi-fibre front-end adapter tips support single row and multi-row MT connector inspection for a wide range of patch cords and bulkhead-mounted connectors having either PC/UPC or APC polished end-faces. The probe snout includes a key which in combination with a slot on the adapter tips ensures that adapter tips never loosen during use, under any circumstances.