AFL Recipient of 2019 BCBS LiveLifeBlue℠ Award for Upstate SC
“Our associates are our greatest asset,” said Angie Myers, benefits and wellness director for AFL. “Recognition by Blue Cross Blue Shield means that we’re on the right track but it doesn’t stop there. We are constantly looking for ways to enhance the well-being of our associates.”AFL’s wellness benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Two on-site clinics with access to health screenings and flu shots at no cost to associates, covered spouses and dependents over age 18. In 2018, more than 2,000 visits were made to the clinic; 456 were related to preventative care and 1,119 related to care of chronic conditions/disease management.
- More than 400 employees completed a wellness plan that included a biometric screening and review which helps to offset annual medical insurance cost.
- An on-site chiropractor at a reduced cost.
- Regular on-site wellness trainings including physical, mental, financial and social health topics. More than 1,500 participants attended 24 sessions over the past year.
- Weight Watchers @ Work program that consists of weekly meeting. More than 2,200 pounds have been lost by AFL associates.
- Online training with over 600 Edugames completed, helping to offset medical insurance costs.
- On-site and online Questis financial wellness opportunities to assist with financial planning. Nearly 350 AFL associates participate.
- Education reimbursement for associates to help further their career by obtaining a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
To learn more about AFL, its products and services, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
Founded in 1984, AFL is an international manufacturer providing end-to-end solutions to the energy, service provider, enterprise and industrial markets as well as several emerging markets. The company’s products are in use in over 130 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training. AFL also offers a wide variety of services supporting data center, enterprise, wireless and outside plant applications.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan. For more information, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and “like us” on Facebook. Review our blog or subscribe to our bi-monthly e-newsletter.
Benefits and Wellness Director
Public Relations Manager