Aluminum Seamless Bus Pipe
- Only one-third the weight of copper
- Highly corrosion resistant
- Dissipates heat rapidly and evenly
- Very strong yet lightweight
- Easy to fabricate
- Conducts equivalent loads of electric power with one-half as much material weight as copper
- 6061-T6 alloy used in high strength applications
- 6063-T6 alloy used in higher current carrying applications
- Indoor or outdoor use
Seamless bus pipe is an extruded tubular product used to convey electricity. It is manufactured to a “nominal,” not actual, inside diameter. The wall thickness is described by a "schedule." The schedules are determined by the American Standards Association.
Seamless bus pipe is generally made of 6063-T6 alloy in ANSI Schedule 40 pipe because of its excellent mechanical and electrical properties. The 6061-T6 alloy tubular bus is used where high strength and lower conductivity are required.
Specification: B-241 (Seamless Pipe)