Imagine dedicating one month each year to help others
Around the world, AFL associates take part in UNITE, our annual month of service held during September each year. UNITE connects us worldwide to organizations that need support and provides associates an opportunity to give back to their communities in a meaningful way. In September 2022, AFL associates volunteered more than 1,586 hours to various community organizations and charities.
Associates across the globe participated in a variety of programs including:
- Building homes and painting projects
- Gardening, yard and grounds cleanup
- Collecting food and sorting/boxing food at local food banks
- Serving food at community shelters
- Volunteering at a vaccination center
- A charity ride to support Parkinson’s research – raising over $4,000
- Building care kits for single mothers
- Hurricane relief efforts
- A charity walk to support food a local food insecurity program
- Video editing
- Park cleanups
- Blood donations
Volunteering makes a positive impact on the lives of the less fortunate and strengthens our grip on our communities. It helps us understand the need and can make us more accepting by exposing us to different environments and walks of life. By volunteering we are helping to create healthier communities and brighten the lives of those around us.