HiTemp® AFL Filler Compound (AFCHT™)
- AFCHT has a wide temperature tolerance. It is workable at low temperatures and does not drip at high temperatures. It has a melting point above 250ºC (482ºF).
- Improves holding strength and conductivity
- Irregular surface increases the holding strength when tension is applied and improves conductivity by forming a bare metal to metal connection
- Seals out the harmful effects of water as AFCHT is forced between the conductor strands
- Fits a standard caulking gun
- For compression accessories installed on conductors operating at temperatures up to 250ºC (482ºF)
HiTemp ACA Filler Compound (AFCHT) is the recommended filler for compression fittings due to its ability to improve the mechanical holding strength and conductivity of the connection. It has been designed to withstand the increased temperatures of ACSS and ACSS/TW conductors. Kept in a dry place, AFCHT has an infinite shelf life.