Fujikura 90S+ Fusion Splicer
- Cleaver tracking and upkeep with wireless communication
- Improved real-time arc control for fibers with poor cleave angles
- Loose and tight buffer with same sheath clamp
- Automated wind protector, sheath clamps and splice operation
- Graphical User Interface with 5.0" Touchscreen
- PC software and 90S manual downloaded from splicer
- Multi-function transit case with integrated workstation
- Lithium-ion battery with 300 splices/shrinks per charge
- Distribution fiber repair
- Long-haul network installation
- Field termination with splice-on connectors
- Access network installation
- Fanout kits, pigtails and splice cassettes
- OSP cable installation and repair
- Optical modules – splitters, couplers, MUXs, EDFAs and attenuators
The Fujikura 90S+ core alignment fusion splicer solves common problems seen in the field—from splicing poor quality legacy fiber to automated equipment maintenance and upkeep. The Fujikura 90S+ can be use in multiple field splicing applications including bend-insensitive fibers in drop cables, long-haul terrestrial and submarine LEAF® fibers, loose buffer fiber, splice-on connectors, and the list goes on. The speed and accuracy of the 90S+ make it suitable for certain production and specialty environments where high output, tight packaging, and low loss requirements are required.
Regardless of your scenario, the Fujikura 90S+ is designed to keep you in the field with an extended battery life of 300 splice and heat cycles. With its multiple automated and easy-to-use features, the 90S+ alleviates the need for traditional operation tasks such as frequent arc calibrations, cleaver blade rotations, cleaver usage tracking, and manual splicing operations. A redesigned work tray, cooling tray, and optional cable clamp make the 90S+ kit more versatile than its predecessors in adapting to varying work conditions and environments.
When splicing loose buffer fiber, additional sheath clamps are not needed. The standard universal sheath clamp now handles both loose and tight buffer fibers. The new Active Fusion Control (AFC) technology improves splice losses for fibers that possess a poor cleave angle. Combined with Active Blade Management between the splicer and cleaver, the Fujikura 90S+ contains a robust set of splicing features that will reduce the likelihood of poor splice installations or repairs.