VHM3000 Series Harsh Environment Fibers
- 50/125 graded-index multimode fiber for harsh environments such as oil wells
- Excellent resistance to hydrogen darkening at high temperatures and partial pressures of hydrogen
- High bandwidth allows sensor systems to achieve extremely short spatial resolutions
- Suitable for downhole temperature monitoring applications
- Excellent for DTS systems operating in the 1064nm spectral region
- Available in all Verrillon’s harsh environments coatings including carbon coating
Verrillon® VHM3000 Series is a family of graded-index multimode fibers exhibiting exceptional resistance to hydrogen at high temperatures in hydrogen-rich applications. The true hydrogen resistance is a result of modified glass chemistry. Additionally, the graded-index design provides very high bandwidth for optimum DTS measurement in downhole applications. The VHM3000 Series is available with a variety of Verrillon coatings including Polyimide, Silicone/PFA and Mid-Temp acrylates. Typically, these fibers are used in down-hole data logging, distributed sensing and imaging applications.