Swage Bus Accessories use a compression technology process called "swaging" that enables installation of aluminum bus accessories without the need of a welder. These Swage products allow the electric utility to install the accessories faster and more efficiently with lower installation costs over the welding process. The Swage accessories complement AFL’s Substation products which are made for low voltage up to 765 kV applications that involve cable, pipe, flat or tubular bus and integral web connections.
- Swage360® Accessories Catalog
- Swage Tooling and Accessories Quick Reference
- Swage Bus Installation Instructions
- AFL’s Swage Warranty
Swage tools can be found in our Tools and Equipment section.
- No need for certified welders—with simple training, anyone can install
- Faster installation—three times faster than traditional welding process
- All weather—can be installed in inclement weather preventing costly installation shutdowns
- Quality and consistent installation—human error reduced with the unique compression technique
- Permanent connection strength—unlike bolted connections which may require tightening
- Rated for 500 kV application