OPM5 Optical Power Meter with Data Storage
- Rugged, dependable, and backed by industry-best 5-Year Warranty
- Wave ID supports tests up to three wavelengths simultaneously - slashing test time
- Field-swappable connector adapters for maximum flexibility
- Long battery life from globally available AA batteries
- Passive Optical Networks (PON) testing
- OPM(5/4)-4D (Filtered-InGaAs) for high power (+26 dBm) CATV broadband networks or DWDM system applications
- OPM(5/4)-3D (InGaAs) for telecommunications networks
- OPM(5/4)-2D (Ge) for premises LAN/WAN multimode or single-mode networks
- OPM4-1D (Silicon) for multimode / plastic optical fibre applications
Full-featured, handheld optical power meter
OPM5 is designed for measuring optical power in all network types and performing insertion loss measurements on multimode or single-mode fibre optic links.
The OPM5 is fully N.I.S.T. traceable.
Automatic Wavelength Identification Significantly Increases Efficiency
The standard Wave ID feature automatically detects and sets the receive wavelength(s), preventing setup and measurement errors (when used with OLS series light sources). It significantly increases efficiency and reduces technician errors—and saves testing time—by eliminating the need to test each wavelength individually.
Optical References Storage
The OPM5 stores optical references for each calibrated wavelength and offers multiple test tone detection for fibre identification.
Test Results Storage, Transfer and Post Processing with TRM® 2.0
OPM5 File Management system allows technicians to organise test results into multiple files. Stored OPM results may be transferred to PC via USB port for viewing, analysis, and professional report generation using the included Windows® compatible TRM® 2.0 Basic Test Results Manager software. TRM® 2.0 allows users to apply industry standards based rules to test results and create comprehensive certification reports complete with Pass/Fail results and calculated headroom.
- Measurement Units: dB, dBm, μW
- Power: 2 x AA batteries
- Battery Life: 300 hours
OPM5-2D – 850, 1300, 1310, 1490, 1550 nm
OPM5-3D – 850, 1300, 1310, 1550, 1490, 1625 nm
OPM5-4D – 850, 980, 1310, 1550, 1490, 1625 nm
Three Models provide options to cover all network needs:
OPM5-2D-CC Germanium (Ge) Detector suited for Premises (LAN/WAN) multimode networks
OPM5-3D-CC InGaAs Detector suited for single-mode networks
OPM5-4D-CC Hi-Power InGaAs Detector suited for CATV and other networks up to +26 dBm
NOTE: CC = Connector Configuration. Select one of the following when ordering:
FC, SC, ST, LC, 2.5mm Universal, 1.25mm Universal
2.5 mm Universal (Accepts FC, SC, ST, etc. ferrules)
1.25 mm Universal (Accepts LC, MU ferrules)
Cable, USB-MINI B connect to PC