MicroCore® Blown Fiber Optic Cable
- Scalable deployment for FTTx networks
- Rapid cost effective installation
- Fiber counts up to 288
- Range of cable designs and sizes to suit a variety of duct size
- No EMI or earth bonding limitations
- Fiber arranged in buffer tubes - some designs suitable for 12-fiber management
- Suitable for microducts supplied by all manufacturers
- Installation speeds of up to 120 m/min. and over 2.5 km lengths at a time
- Robust for handling in the field & easy access and breakout of fibers
- High level bend capacity & low friction jacket design
- Access Networks
AFL MicroCore® is an advanced Blown Fiber Optic Cable system for underground duct networks. The MicroCore product line is a complete solution with designs suitable for many applications and needs from backbone networks to FTTx. Whether the need is for high fiber density or small cable diameter, the MicroCore range has the solution. Designs are always based on minimal cable and duct diameters for cost effective installation and materials.
MicroCore cables are jetted through a network of microducts using compressed air. Conduit systems can be laid and microducts and cable can be blown in as and when required. This gives installers the flexibility of deploying fiber only when needed, thereby reducing initial investment costs. Making provisions for future installations also means that only the very latest fiber optic technology is used and therefore scaled to changing market demands.
The MicroCore system can be used for overriding existing networks and conduits, which reduces network disruption and expensive excavation costs and permits during installation. MicroCore cable is lightweight and flexible made with a specially designed low friction jacket to enable greater jetting lengths to reduce time and cost.