AVD Series Spiral Vibration Dampers
- Eliminates damage caused by Aeolian vibration and reduces overall vibration on bare ADSS cables
- Large, helically-formed damping section sized for the ADSS cable
- Weather-resistant, non-corrosive plastic
- Installation can be on both sides of the support location
- Bare ADSS cable
- ADSS hardware (suspension, deadend, armor rods, other SVDs, etc.)
AFL's AVD Series Spiral Vibration Dampers are designed to eliminate the damage caused by Aeolian vibration and reduce overall vibration on bare All-Dielectric Self-Supporting (ADSS) cables. Made of weather-resistant, non-corrosive plastic, these dampers have a large, helically-formed damping section sized for the ADSS cable. A smaller gripping section gently grips the ADSS cable. Each damper is marked with the conductor range and color coded to indicate the cable diameter size range.