High Voltage SkyWrap®
- System developed exclusively for system voltages of 150kV to 300kV with no ground wire.
- Solution qualified to IEEE 1591.3 standard including Tracking & Erosion and Leakage Current.
- Solution tested against RIV and PD to CISPR 18-2.
- Pre-made Phase-To-Ground Insulator system ensures quick, simple and secure installation of critical components.
- Key features of SkyWrap cable retained, with dual layer anti-tracking sheath providing protection against shotgun damage, UV light, pollution, lightning and fault current conditions and electric field effects.
- Small size and low weight ensures minimum loads are applied to the overhead line.
High Voltage SkyWrap is a specialised solution that permits the installation of SkyWrap onto phase conductors at system voltages of up to 300kV. The solution is applicable for power lines without ground wires with conductors running at system voltages between 150-300kV, opening up new transmission lines for power utilities to add fibre optic cable to their power network.
The system is developed, tested and approved to the applicable standards for working in this challenging environment, while maintaining all the key features and benefits of the SkyWrap system in terms of ease and speed of installation.