TAPLINK® Wedge Tap Connectors
- No special installation tools as compared to "Fired-on" wedge type connectors
- Special "C" body provides consistent pressure through thermal cycling
- Shearhead Bolt ensures consistent torque on every installation
- Prefilled with inhibitor compound
- Tested to C119.4
- Approved for use on ACSR, AAC, and AAAC
- Not approved for use on High Temp conductors
- For Aluminum-to-Copper connections
AFL Wedge Tap Connectors are used to make complete aluminum-to-aluminum and aluminum-to-copper electrical connections. The bolted wedge technology makes installations quicker, easier and safer when compared with traditional tap connectors by eliminating the need for specialized tooling for the same type of connection. Once the appropriate pressure is obtained by the wedge, the breakaway bolt will shear off giving a visual indication that a correct installation has been made.
The connector is rated for the full current of the conductors within its range. As the conductors expand and contract under thermal cycling, the C-shaped body operates within the elastic region of its mechanical properties, allowing the connection to maintain constant pressure, resulting in reliability of performance. This connector is reusable and can easily be removed by backing out the bolt, which will drive out the wedge.
The wedge tap connectors are comprised of high strength aluminum castings, a breakaway bolt and a highly conductive aluminum interface, providing a secure, reliable solution with an installation that is both fast and simple.