AFL introduces our new line of Swage Grounding Accessories. Grounding accessories are installed in an underground grid layout before a substation is constructed and are designed to discharge the over-voltages from overhead ground wires or the lightning masts into the ground.
Complementing the entire substation family, the new Swage grounding products – plus our existing Swage bus and cable accessories – allow electric utilities to install accessories faster and more efficiently without the need for a certified welder. Swaging is the ideal solution for areas with shortages on qualified welders or when inclement weather conditions prohibit installation.
- Swage360® Accessories Catalog
- Swage Tooling and Accessories Quick Reference
- Swage Grounding Solutions brochure
- Swage Grounding Installation Instructions
- Swage Tools and Equipment
- AFL’s Swage Warranty
- No need for certified welders—with simple training, anyone can install
- Faster installation—three times faster than traditional welding process
- All weather—can be installed in inclement weather preventing costly installation shutdowns
- Quality and consistent installation—human error reduced with the unique compression technique
- Permanent connection strength—unlike bolted connections which may require tightening
- Rated for 500 kV application