HIBUS® Series OPGW Suspension
- Self-aligning housing halves
- Stress relief bushing system
- Aluminum clamp body with captive stainless steel mounting bolts
- Galvanized steel mounting pin with cotter pin
- Line angles up to 20° for single unit and up to 40° for two units using an 18" yoke plate
The Hinged Bushing Suspension (HIBUS) is designed to reduce the static and dynamic stress at the attachment point on all types of OPGW fiber cables without the use of protective rods. Eliminating the need for the rods was achieved by the use of a unique bushing system that allows the OPGW cable to better withstand the effects of aeolian vibration. Test results have proven its ability to provide superior protection for your fiber system. The hinged concept on the suspension configuration provides self alignment of the housing halves. All of the hardware is captive except for the attachment pin.
Test reports available include vibration test, slip test, ultimate strength and angle test. Clamp is rated slip load at 20% of RBS for cables with less than 25,000 lbs breaking load. Contact AFL for slip rating on cables greater than 25,000 lbs RBS.