Sub-unitized Premise MicroCore® 3.0 with SpiderWeb Ribbon® Technology
- SpiderWeb Ribbon technology allows for a highly efficient ribbonizing application or for individual fiber break-outs
- Each sub-unit can stand alone as a rated cable
- 12-fiber sub-units with 126-144 fiber counts
- 24-fiber sub-units with 24-288 fiber counts
- High fiber density—more channels in less space
- No preferential bend direction typically found in stacked ribbon design
- Small diameter/superior bend performance
- LSZH or Plenum flame-rated jacket
- All aramid tensile strength members around core cable for ease of attaching pulling-eye; aramid within core for use with MT termination
- In-building cable runs where space is a premium
- Trunk applications where flexibility and small bend radii are required to route cable
- High density cable areas like data centers and central offices
- Lower cost cable runs where easy handling of tight buffered fibers not needed because cable will be spliced to factory terminated pigtails
The third generation of AFL's Sub-Unitized Premise MicroCore Cable with SWR® Technology is another astounding evolution of high performance premise cabling. Enabling even greater pathway density than our 2.0 version, the 3.0 revolutionizes cable deployment and allows the end user to realize savings in space, routing infrastructures and fiber management. Combining the highest quality materials with rigorous testing to industry standards, this generation builds on the same quality of construction as the previous versions of our Sub-Unitized Premise MicroCore cables.
Additionally, this version features stand-alone sub cables. Each sub cable is independently qualified and is suitable for individual routing paths within the rack/panel architecture. This flexibility of design and deployment is not available in comparable high-density designs. Designed for direct termination and supportive of both single-fiber and multi-fiber architectures, this cable family is capable of serving as the backbone in any deployed system.
SpiderWeb Ribbon is a bonded fiber design allowing for either a highly efficient ribbonizing application or for individual fiber break-outs. This flexibility allows for the application of a single cable design to cover a diverse set of applications. High density round designs allow for the most efficient use of space and materials, resulting in a cost-effective solution.