200 µm Wrapping Tube Cable (WTC) with SWR®
- Collapsible ribbon reduces size of cable compared to other encapsulated or pliable ribbon technologies
- Design optimizes the fiber packing density making WTC-SWR cables the smallest ribbon cables without compromising robustness of the cable
- Small-diameter cable allows more optical fibers to be placed into crowded or limited-space pathways
- Water-blocked core
- Light weight for easy handling in the field compared to traditional cables
- Completely Gel-free for reduced time to access fiber and prep for splicing
- Data Center Inter-building Connections
- Access Provider Metro Rings
- Service Provider FTTx
- Cable TV Subscriber Networks
- Metro Rail Track-side Network Links
- Suitable for Aerial Lashing, Pulled-in-duct, Air-Jetted-in-Duct
- Campus LAN
AFL's Wrapping Tube Cable (WTC), with SpiderWeb Ribbon® (SWR®), is an ultra-high density, outside plant cable designed specifically for fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) or access markets. It is compliant with the latest issue of the outside plant cable standard, Telcordia GR-20. With an ultra-high density and a new ribbon technology called SpiderWeb Ribbon®, WTC provides the smallest cable diameter and lowest weight, high-fiber count ribbon cable in the industry. WTC with SWR® cables are available in 200 µm fiber/200 µm pitch and 200 µm fiber/250 µm pitch with fiber counts of 864 to 6,912.
SWR® is a bonded fiber ribbon design allowing for either a highly efficient ribbon splicing or an individual fiber breakout splicing process. This flexibility allows for a single cable design to cover a diverse set of applications from access networks to high-fiber count mass fusion splicing. With the ability to roll and conform, the SWR® provides for ultra-high density packaging in the WTC.