AFL Associates Worldwide Volunteer 1,200+ Hours for International Month of Service
Spartanburg, SC – AFL associates around the world took part in the annual Month of Service, a global initiative that encourages associates to give back to their communities as Community Outreach Program. Associates engaged with service projects they are passionate about, and through this outreach AFL was able to help people in need all over the globe. Nearly 300 AFL associates volunteered more than 1,200 hours of their time during Month of Service this year.
Here’s a small snapshot of how AFL associates participated around the world:
- In Belmont, NH associates took part in the United Way Day of Caring and volunteered their time at the Hands Across the Table Dinner.
- Lebenshilfe Mönchengladbach, an association that serves those with mental disabilities, received assistance from associates in Mönchengladbach, Germany when they hosted “Oktoberfest.”
- A group of volunteers in Milton Keynes, UK volunteered at Willen Hospice Furniture Store, took part in World’s Biggest Coffee Morning to support MacMillan Cancer Support, refurbished a room at Monkston Primary School and helped with a garden cleanup at MK Snap.
- A food drive to support Manna 4 Life, a mobile food van and food service organization, was held by associates in Australia.
- Associates in Monroe, NC held a canned food and coat drive and also volunteered at several local soup kitchens.
- Eight organizations including Hope Remains Ranch, Habitat for Humanity Spartanburg, Habitat for Humanity Greenville, Palmetto Conservation, Greer Relief, Middle Tyger Community Center, Hope Center for Children and TreesGreenville were supported by Spartanburg associates.
- In Swindon, UK many associates gave their time to take part in the Wiltshire Air Ambulance bake-off, volunteer at Prospect Hospice and contribute to a food drive for Swindon Food Collective.
- Associates in Monterrey, Mexico took part in a project for a local kindergarten and with a senior home in the community.
- Veterans Inc., of Worcester County was aided by associates in North Grafton, MA when they joined together to host a coat drive. AFL is proud to be able to serve our communities. The Month of Service is just a small way for associates to be able to give back to communities around the globe.
- Candian associates volunteered for a host of organizations including NightShift and the Surrey and Calgary Food Banks.
Founded in 1984, AFL is an international manufacturer providing end-to-end solutions to the energy, service provider, enterprise and industrial markets as well as several emerging markets. The company’s products are in use in over 130 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training. AFL also offers a wide variety of services supporting data center, enterprise, wireless and outside plant applications.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan. For more information, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
Community Relations Manager