LAZERMaster® LZM-125A+ Splicing System
- Fiber Ablation that can be used for cleaving, shaping, or custom mode stripping
- Splices and glass processing of fibers with 80 μm up to 2.0 mm diameter
- High resolution motion for precise control during splicing and glass processing operations
- Extensive library of applications which are transferable between the LZM and FSM family
- FPS PC GUI provides additional measurement capabilities and glass shaping control
- Clean modular laser heat source: Absolutely no deposits on fiber surface as might occur with filaments or electrodes.
- Substantially reduces maintenance and calibration requirements
- Proprietary feedback system ensures heating power stability
- No need for external process gas (as required with filament systems) or Vacuum systems
- Class 1 System with redundant automated laser safety features
The LAZERMaster LZM-125A+ is a splicing and glass processing system that uses a CO2 laser heat source to perform splicing, tapering (to create MFAs), lensing, or other glass shaping operations with glass diameters of 2.0 mm or less. The high-resolution optical analysis system works in conjunction with on-board firmware for fully automatic splicing, tapering and other glass shaping processes.
High precision glass processing is enabled by the intuitive and user- friendly on-board firmware (virtually identical to that of the Fujikura FSM-100 splicers). Operations may also be performed manually and by PC control. The FPS PC control GUI is supplied with the LZM-125A+ to provide additional features, greater flexibility, and finer control. The FSP GUI may be used on a PC chosen by the customer. Customers can also create proprietary PC control algorithms using a complete set of PC control commands.